.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A wild wild gift wrap for the zoo birthday party

I hope you liked the Zoo animals cake I shared in the last post...

Well when I came back home after helping my friends make the cake, I was super psyched and felt that I was not DONE with the theme yet. So I decided to wrap the birthday boy's gifts to match with the party theme.


So? Does it fit well with the "Zoo" theme? Here's how I did it.

  1. Start with the Zebra gift base. Since I did not have a white wrapping paper, I wrapped the gift with a wrapping paper turned inside out.

 2. Then I cut black construction paper to make Zebra stripes and glued it around the gift.


The Zebra is now ready.

3. Next I wanted giraffe. But I did not have yellow wrapping paper and did not have time to paint it. So I settled on Monkey as I had a ton of brown paper from packaging supplies. Here is the wrapped box.



4. Finally, a bit of handiwork and you have an odd looking monkey. I was trying to make curious George, but it looks like George went to visit the "Planet of Apes".

And there you have it... What do you think!

Until next time,
Shilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment