.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's cooking Wednesday - Sausage curry

Work has been terrible this week. I am working with people in 5 time zones (India, Shangahi, Cupertino, Europe and Texas) and with round the clock work, I have not been able to cook much or do anything for that matter. But when I am in a crunch like this, there are some easy recipes that I rely upon.

One such recipe is "Sausage Curry".. btw, this is my original work!

You will need (I am guessing since I didn't note down, so be ready to adjust to your needs):
  • 2 tblsp oil
  • 1 tblsp minced ginger
  • 1 tblsp minced garlic
  • 2 cups chopped onions
  • 1 cup chopped tomato
  • 1/2 lb sausage chopped (any mild kind should work)
  • 1 tsp turmuric
  • salt and paparika to taste
  • a few springs of chopped cilantro
  • a pinch of garam masala (or curry powder as a backup)
  1. Start with heating the oil over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and cook until onion gets a bit brown and soft.

2. Add tomatoes and continue cooking. The tomatoes need to break down somewhat.


3. Add salt, paparika and turmuric. Add chopped sausage and cook for a minute.

 4. Add cilantro and continue stirring. You can add a bit of water to the mix if this is too thick for you.

 5. Turn the heat off and add a pinch of garam masaala.


All done... Serve it with roti or rice...

Not only is this recipe fast, I cook it even faster in my new cookplus ceramic coated cookware. It conducts heat very fast and I feel the cooking time for everything is less when I use it.

And 3 days ago, I also got the cutest ceramic containers to serve this in...  Too bad we ate the food before I thought about taking a picture.. But here is the bowl... and you guessed it right... it is from Lock n Lock (I am crazy about this website)

 Until next time,
Shilpa from The Crafts Corner


(C) The Crafts Corner 2010-2011 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment