.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My first diaper cake


My very first diaper cake. 

My co-worker and I made this cake for another colleague as a baby shower gift. She was expecting twins, hence the 2 duckies on the top. I do not remember the exact no. of diapers at each layer, but we used size 1 diapers box from Costco and we had a few left over. The bottom layer had approximately 36 diapers, the middle layer had 20 and the top layer had about 10. Again, I do not remember.

Follow these instructions to make this cake
  1. Roll each diaper and secure with a rubber band.
  2. Make the bottom layer around an empty paper towel tube and secure with a ribbon. 
  3. Do the same with other layers.
  4. Insert baby goodies in each layer such as receiving blankets, bibs, wash clothes, rattles etc.
  5. All done!
This was 2 years ago. I was reminded of this cake because the co-worker who helped make this cake  went on her second maternity leave a couple weeks ago.

Time flies... doesn't it?


Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! What a nice baby shower gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks frazicake... Some of the party pictures are up now... will send you rest on picasa.

    ReplyDelete